1973 Gallery

| Permanent Gallery

The perimeter of this large gallery is lined with display cases housing the exhibition Southern Nevada: Landscapes of Change. It documents the dramatic transitions in the area’s climate, flora and fauna, stone technology and human activity from the Late Pleistocene (around 15,000 years ago) to the current century.

In the middle of the gallery are pedestals supporting historic and recent Native American baskets and pottery. Among them are baskets from the Joseph F. and Kathryn A. Perkins Collection, originally owned by Fay and Richard Perkins. In 2017, additional pieces of this collection were transferred to Lost City from the Nevada State Historical Society, returning them to Clark County as the donors wished.


Other Exhibits

1935 Gallery

The entrance to the Lost City Museum opens into the 1935 Gallery. This space exists within the original adobe brick ... Read More

Permanent Gallery

Video Viewing Room

Through the Museum Shop and on the right is a small video viewing room. We encourage all guests to watch ... Read More

1973 Gallery

The perimeter of this large gallery is lined with display cases housing the exhibition Southern Nevada: Landscapes ... Read More

Permanent Gallery